Anyway, apologies for my absence and welcome to all the new people who have joined recently...thankyou for your patience!
Back to the nursery...Sylvie loved the samples that I sent her and decided on a very pale cream silk charmeuse with hints of caramel and tan added into the decor. We looked at some prints but they were all quite pinky and 'new' looking so I decided to make up a toile pattern and print my own onto a silk sheet. The print is tiny but the effect is very antique looking and combines beautifully with the cream silks.
I started on the child's bed first as that was the first to arrive. This is a quick reminder of what it looked like
Although the bed has raised sides we decided to remove one of the rails to show off the bedding and I used a padded panel on the head and foot of the bed to cover the marks left and to make the bed cosy. I had planned to keep the toile print to a minimum so that it wouldn't be too overpowering and it just peeks out from behind the mattress and pillows. I also used the toile to trim the quilt, which is mainly silk charmeuse...soooo silky soft! I still want to add a couple more pillows and drape a throw over one post but this is the bed so far...
I had nearly finished the bed when all the Bespaq furniture arrived. It is so much more delicate than it appears in the photos and is such a beautiful colour with lovely carvings and little details.
You can see the toile de joue a little more clearly in this photo.