About Me

Monday, November 8, 2010

Children's Millinery

Every week I have this vague idea that I am going to post something every couple of days but here we are...Monday again!

I have been gathering together ideas, fabrics and things for Sylvie's nursery project and realised that I have never really made any hats for children. I have some wonderful photos of little Victorian and Edwardian girls in huge floppy hats and over the weekend had a couple of late nights to put together the following...





Ideally I would love a sweet little girl mannequin with ringlets to show them off properly but I'm afraid that my first ever attempt at wigging this mannequin head was a bit sloppy :) Anyway, you get the idea and I'm sure there is a sweet little Victorian miss in 12th scale out there just waiting for a new hat. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...