About Me

Monday, October 25, 2010

French Millinery - Late 19th century autumn designs

 I love rich Autumn colours and having received a wonderful new textured silk recently in shades of chocolate, caramel and dusky pink I decided to put together a small collection of french style millinery in those tones. Silk velvets and brocades drape together beautifully and, as always, I have a weakness for long trailing veils in matching colours. Brims are narrow and upturned and these little hats will perch beautifully on your 12th scale lady's head or look great on display on a tall elegant hatstand.


For further details please visit
http://www.missameliasminiatures.com/victorianhatsbonnets.html

I must take this opportunity to welcome the newest followers to my blog!

Hello to you all and I hope you will find something that interests you among my ramblings...

which reminds me....I'll be starting an exciting new project over the next couple of weeks so do check back and I'll let you know more about it tomorrow :)

Have a good week!

Janine xx

2 comments:

joy said...

Beautiful, so full of detail and I love the colours x

Vicky Guile said...

ooooh lovely! autumn colours are always my favourite and these hats are beautiful, I especially love the one top left with the cream feathers. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeouSSS!!! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...